Andersen Window Steam Generating Facility
OWNER: Andersen Corporation
Completed August 2007
- Acted as the prime and mechanical contractor.
- Worked with an engineering firm to design/build the steam system.
- Installed two new wood-fired boilers (which each generate up to 40,000 lbs. of steam per hour), one gas/oil burner and all the piping.
- System uses wood by-products from Andersen’s operations as the primary energy source. Boilers provide energy to heat and cool the 65-acre campus and power equipment used in the manufacturing process.
- Andersen was recognized by The Minnesota Environmental Initiative with the 2007 Green Business and Environmental Management Award.
- Project completed 11 percent under the estimated budget.